04 October, 2012

Finals Fever

And not of the AFL variety either (curse you swans).

Incredibly, I have been selected as one of the finalists in Expatica's i am not a tourist Expat Blogger competition.  I'm absolutely stoked, to say the least.  Just being a part of this competition has revived my enjoyment of blogging and has helped me to get back into writing (semi) regular posts.

Thank you to everybody who voted for me, and to Maarten for being such an enthusiastic campaign manager.  He saw the competition and took it upon himself to nominate me and although popularity contests are something that I really struggle with, this entire process has been great fun.

Now there's one more step expected of you.  This Sunday between 11.30 and 11.50 at the i am not an expat fair, myself and fellow finalists Catina from Amsterdam Mama and Nandini from Taal : : Tale will be reading our favourite posts out loud.  On the main stage.  In front of other people.  For you all to judge.  The finalist with the loudest cheers will win a creative writing workshop from Amsterdam Writing Workshops.

So, get gargling, start warming up your voice, clearing your throat, practising your wolf whistle (damn, why is my wolf whistle the loudest?!) and find your loudest pair of boots to come cheer for us at the Beurs van Berlage in central Amsterdam (next to de Bijenkorf).

If you haven't already, you can download your free tickets by clicking the image below.




See you there!



What we are talking about

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...