18 August, 2011

Meet Inky...








For those of you who haven't been formally introduced, Inky (short for Inkblot) is our 14 week old baby in waiting.

Through all the health dramas of the last few months that I've posted about here, my body clearly thought that I wasn't under enough stress and thought it would throw a baby into the mix.

I was due to go into hospital for the LLETZ surgery and literally two days before I started to wonder if something was amiss.  So Maarten and I were crowded around the pregnancy test and were staring in disbelief at the two lines.  We didn't quite believe it, so did it again in the morning (the day before the surgery) and bolted to the doctor to find out what on earth happens next.

Cue good  news, the surgery was postponed until after we made it to the twelve week mark of the pregnancy.  This last week I was thirteen weeks, so they wheeled me in and a team of about ten people took care of slicing off the nasty cells quite safely and now I'm free to get on with enjoying (is that the right word?) being pregnant.

Needless to say, Maarten and I couldn't be happier.  Although I'm not usually into the mushy stuff, this truly is a gift.  I just have to figure out what to do with it...!



PS.  If you need any help figuring out what is what in the picture, the baby is laying face down with the head to the right of the screen.  The white line across the top is the spine.

What we are talking about

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...